Monday, February 15, 2010

effect of job frustration on cat aspirants...

kirty: why does an odd degree polynomial have odd numbered real roots??

me: because the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42!


kirty: (persisting stiill.. :D) alright..next one...why does every equation of an odd degree has to have a real root atleast?

me: because water is wet.... there are metaphysical and mathematical implications of this.. one of them being that the equation of an odd degree has to have at least one real root..

kirty (getting into it now...): i admire u now...next one...why all continuous functions are not always differentiable

me: coz of the butterfly effect... even a small value in the initial conditions can lead to abrupt and large cumulative changes in the differentiability of a function...

kirty: i am stoned now!

me: why... did medusa look at you??

kirty: well in that case i would have done a perseus

me: well played!

kirty: can ya find the mid point of a line segment without using a scale...only allowed instrument is a compass and a pencil(if it qualifies as an instrument)

me: yes...! :P


1 comment:

Swapnarohi said...

oh..thats a classic ...epic conversation....i was flying so high/low on frustration and you were unaffected sitting with the corelation index of those theories and my mathematical bloomers!!phew....take me back...Mr. Hawkins,when are you releasing the time machine?